Map Tack

Monday, October 6, 2008

Jewerly Box

Well, here is pretty much my first attempt at a Semi descent Jewelry Box.

This box is about 6 or 7 years old. I Couldn't tell you what kind of stain, nor the Dimensions are, because I Also done this project on the fly.

All I Can remember and tell you about, is I Lined it with red felt, put decorative Hinges on it.

The top, well it has a 45 Degree all the way around the top to indicate a raised panel. And a Dado on the bottom to receive the bottom.

Hope you Enjoy it, I will eventually get around to finishing it, I think I'm going to Re sand it, Re stain it and then Poly it this time. Then I Will re post the Finished product!

Sorry about the Photo Alignment, They are not wanting to cooperate with me this evening.

Handi

3 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Nice box, how did you glue up the mitered edges? ( band clamp maybe? or tape) Looks great!

Jimmy "Handi" Warner said...

If im not mistaken, I used my Craftsmen Picture Frame Band Clamp.

The Band clamp is long gone now, I Built this when I Was living with my ex ol lady, and needless to say, Her dad ended up with my Clamp.

I Was using his small shop at the time when I Built that.

And I Done one other project, a Refinish Job on my Mothers "OLD" Coffee table that her Brother gave her.

Of course, at that time I knew nothing bout refinishing at that time. So I Sanded it all down to bare wood, then stained Dark Walnut, then he Poly'ed it for me.

Handi

sand shutters said...

Among the different types of plantation shutters in the market, one of the most popular types is the wooden plantation shutter. Wooden shutters provide a feeling of warmth and coziness to a home. However, wooden plantation shutters are considered to be the more expensive option because their prices are significantly higher than other types of plantation shutters. As a result, people often look at alternatives to wooden Plantation shutters.