Map Tack

Friday, January 14, 2011

Home Brewing


Well Folks here it is. I'm attempting to brew my Own Beer. After a LONG Wait on getting my Kit. I guess my Girlfriend got tired of me hollering that I wish I had a Home Brewing Kit to Brew my own Beer.

Well Needless to say, Santa brought me one for christmas. The only problem is I didn't have a Home Brewing Kit, the ingrediants to brew the beer. So last week I ordered a Kit from www.monsterbrewing.com whish is showen on the left side here.

This is what the box looks like, It's a Bock Style beer. Right now I'm in the process of taking the Temperature in the closet to see how much of a change it is. Right now as of 8:00p it is 66 Degrees in the closet but it is 72 Degrees in the living room.

To the bottom right here you will see a Picture of the contents of the Box. It contains 50 Bottle Caps which is enough to cap 2 Cases of Beer.
There are 2 3.3lb Cans of Malt Extract, 1 6oz Bag of Chocolate Malt Grain, 1 6oz Bag of Pale Ale Grain, 1 6oz Bag of Grain, 2 1oz Packets of Flavoring/Aroma hops, 1 Packet of Ale yeast and 1 5oz Bag of Dextrose Sugar for Priming the Beer after fermentation.
Hopefully tomorrow, if the temperature is right, I'll be doing some Brewing. I'll be taking some Pictures with my iPhone and then uploading them as I do a Post and write my experience with my Beer.
I'll also be taking a Picture about every day maybe every other day of the fermentation process which is a 1 to 2 week process, so expect to see about 7 Pictures at least lol.
After the fermentation process, I'll be transfering the wort over to the Racking Bucket, which is where I'll be filling all of my Beer Bottles I've saved up.
Once these beer bottles are filled, I'll be capping each bottle, then they will sit again for another 1 to 3 weeks to condition in the bottle. After the 2nd to 3rd week, I'll stick a few in the fridge and chill it and give it a try.
A Taste test of my Hard Labor if you will!

No comments: