Map Tack

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Air in There!

I have just got my tire fixed. What a Relief and a load off my mind.

It becomes Frustrating when you can't move around that much or get where you need to get.

I had to change out a tube from one of my other chairs that has the same Size tires. unfortunately, my Tubes are not standard size as the standard wheelchair tire. Standard Tire is 24x1 3/4.

My Tires are 24x1 and Hold 110psi of Air, Racing Tires basically.

Anyway, I put one tube in, and it was previously patched and apparently still had holes or slow leak in the tube and didn't know that until the next day when it was flat again.

So I had to take it out again, and change it with the other tube on the other side, so far so good, it's holding up pretty well, at least until I can get my vendor to get me some more in case this happens again!

Once I got my tube in, I had to trot out to the Garage where I have my heavy Duty Air Compressor to air up my tire, that was a Job in it's self, just because I had to be careful on the road not to damage my rim and damage my tube I just replaced.

Handi

No comments: