Here is the end result.
Materials: 1/4” Baltic Birch Plywood
Time: 3 1/2 Hrs
Blades: FD-TC #1
Here is also a Description and information about the Kingfisher bird incause someone would like a Small Education on these Species of birds.
Enjoy and thanks for coming to look at my Projects, I really Adore Birds, I love all animals, but birds are my Favorite Passion.
A common waterside resident throughout North America, the Belted Kingfisher is often seen hovering before it plunges headfirst into water to catch a fish. It frequently announces its presence by its loud rattling cry.
- Medium-sized bird.
- Large head and shaggy crest.
- Large, thick bill.
- Bluish head and back.
- White throat and collar.
- White underneath with blue breast band.
- Size: 28-35 cm (11-14 in)
- Wingspan: 48-58 cm (19-23 in)
- Weight: 140-170 g (4.94-6.0 ounces)
Female with red chest band and flanks, male without.
Call a loud, harsh rattle.
Populations may be decreasing in many areas.
Martin-pêcheur d’Amérique (French)
Martín Pescador Norteño, Martín Pescador Migratorio, Martín Pescador Pasajero (Spanish)
- The breeding distribution of the Belted Kingfisher is limited in some areas by the availability of suitable nesting sites. Human activity, such as road building and digging gravel pits, has created banks where kingfishers can nest and allowed the expansion of the breeding range.
- The Belted Kingfisher is one of the few bird species in which the female is more brightly colored than the male. Among the 93 species of kingfishers, the sexes often look alike. In some species the male is more colorful, and in others the female is.
- During breeding season the Belted Kingfisher pair defends a territory against other kingfishers. A territory along a stream includes just the streambed and the vegetation along it, and averages 1 km (0.6 mi) long.The nest burrow is usually in a dirt bank near water. The tunnel slopes upward from the entrance, perhaps to keep water from entering the nest. Tunnel length ranges from 30 to 250 cm (1 to 8 ft).