Map Tack

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Santa's Sleigh With Raindeer


Well here it is. This is my Second Attempt. A Success with the Baltic Birch Plywood. There was only 1 Problem thou, not with my Scroll Sawing. With the pattern it's self.

But as a Scroller, I am not going to revel the problem, I know it exist whereas others do not, and this is better for me to know as the Scroll Saw Artist to know the flaws, and not the seer or buyer.

Anyway, Enjoy the Picture of the latest project. I have been scrolling this project out all day, and when I mean all day, I Started about 10am this morning, and i just finished the project.

Why so long you ask? Well, the First attempt, I was using Oak Plywood. And this method didn't work all that well. I experienced Blow outs, Tear outs, and even breakage of antlers and the likes.

So this my second attempt, but with Baltic Birch. And so far it has been a Success. No Breakage of any Part of the Reindeer or anything. So enjoy and Feast your eyes on the Prize!

Handi

2 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

very detailed! I woudl imagine you would have a breakage problem throughout the project. good for you, I can't tell any problems. you must be getting better or really good at hiding them. nothing wrong with that.

Jimmy "Handi" Warner said...

Ethan,

ROFL, well, there was 1 problem, and it was the pattern it's self. Not from me.

Needless to say, I had to glue the piece, and with the color of the Birch, it's virtually unnoticeable.

Anyway, it took me all day cause I took a small break and all on some areas. I also had to make a 0 Degree insert to cover up the hole, to keep vibration down to a minimum.

There was LOTS of loose Areas I had to hold down with both hands to keep it down on the work surface. Was a Pain, maybe if it sells, then I can pump out another one in Fraction of the time.

Hows the Seats coming along?

Handi